Sometimes you can make a topic appear out of nothing at all. Do the following.
- Make sure you are somewhere safe.
- Guess how long you can keep your eyes closed.
- Close your eyes.
- Start counting.
- See how long you can go.
- How close your guess was to your actual performance.
- What thoughts did your mind wander to while you were counting?
- Did you feel any fear? Why or why not?
My target count was 100, & I made it! I certainly could have gone longer, but one hundred seemed sufficient… My mind wandered over the events of the evening (I got to see traditional Tlingit dancing tonight!) as well as chores still needing to be done. We did a huge dump run yesterday, but still have heaps of recycling to attend to (as well as a broken window on the side of the house – scary).
I did not feel any fear, because I am safe and warm in my office, which is pretty much the epitome of my “happy place” and the door is currently guarded by Sam, and Tenner (the world’s fiercest border collie!).